- 10/19/23 – 5th and 6th Grade Math Town Hall Meeting
- 10/20/23 – Multiplication Drill (100 problems in 9 minutes)
- 10/26/23 – Parent-Teacher Conference (by appointment only)
- 10/27/23 – No School for Students
- 11/03/23 – Topic 3 Test for 5th and 6th grades
- End of First Quarter – This is the last week of the first quarter, and grades are due by Wednesday, October 18th. I plan to have my grades finalized by Tuesday. So, this week’s activities (i.e., Do Now and Multiplication Drill) will be included in Quarter 2 grades.
- 5th and 6th Grade Math Town Hall Meeting – I will be hosting a virtual town hall meeting with parents this week. An invitation will be emailed to all parents will an email address on file.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – A link to schedule appointments will be sent to parents on the evening of Thursday, October 19, 2023. In order to accommodate as many parents as possible, appointments will be 5 minutes long.
- No Homework
- I can use mental math to multiply a whole number by a power of 10.
- I can estimate products.
- I can multiply multi-digit numbers by a 1-digit number.
- I can multiply a 2-digit number by a 2-digit number.
- I can write and evaluate numbers with exponents.
- I can write the prime factorization of a number.
- I can find the greatest common factor (GCF) of two numbers.
- I can find the least common multiple (LCM) of two numbers.