- 12/12/23 – Multiplication Drill (8-minute drill) – Room 216 only – There was a fire drill on Friday that interrupted students while completing the drill.
- 12/14/23 – Retake Test (5th and 6th Grades)
- 12/14/23 – Topic 4 Part 1 Test (6th Grade) (There will not be a retake for this test.)
- 12/15/23 – Winter Assembly
- 12/22/23 – Last Day of School and End of the 2nd Quarter (I am not having a party.)
- Class Notes – The link has been working for several days now. 🤞🏾
- Retake Test – On Friday, December 8, 2023, I gave students a test correction form if they scored less than an A on their last test. On this form, I listed the criteria that must be met in order to retake the test. A few students brought me their test correction form today with the four corrected problems and a parent signature. Students must complete the practice problems in addition to the test correction form and acquiring a parent’s signature. Please do not sign the form until your child shows you proof that they have completed everything accurately. I will not allow anyone to retake a test who have not met the conditions. The parents of DL students should contact me so we can discuss their requirements.
- Do Now for Week 16 – I did not give students a Do Now activity this week, because I thought I’d give them some class time to work on their practice problems to retake the test. In all four of my classes, students just talked during this time. I saw maybe 1 or 2 students using the time wisely.
- Freckle – This is an online tool that I will be using for my math classes since CPS provided teachers with a premium subscription. All of my classes have logged into their accounts and have started completing some assignments. I will be using this tool for small group instruction and for grade level instruction. The great thing about this tool is it is a Renaissance product, so it has students’ Star 360 data. Each student has a learning path specific to their test scores. Students will be assigned Freckle activities during the Winter Break.
- Weekly Homework Calendar
5th Grade Skills
- I can use patterns to find quotients.
- I can estimate quotients.
- I can use the long division algorithm to divide 4-digit dividends by 2-digit divisors.
6th Grade Skills
- I can solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations with whole numbers.
- I can solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations with fractions.
- I can solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations with decimals.
- I can solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division inequalities with whole numbers.